Everyone is welcome to attend either our traditional Sunday Worship at 10:45 AM in our Sanctuary, or our First Light Worship Service on Sunday mornings at 8:30 AM in our fellowship hall. We are located on the north side of State St. between 9th and 10th streets. Worship services last approximately one hour. We hope to see you there!
Adult and Youth
- Adult Sunday school is offered at 9:30 am in Lindsay Hall. Each week we look at a message from a Christian Education series and then discuss it as a group. We have several special fellowship groups for adults looking for something to do during the week as well.
- Our Women's Bible Study meets of Tuesday mornings from 7-9:00 am and is a member-guided
- Stitching meets on Tuesday's from about 10-noon in Lindsay Hall for coffee, conversation and, oh yes, various forms of needlework attendees bring from home.
- "Quilting From The Heart" is a group that meets on Thursdays at the Church at 10:00 am to create beautiful quilts that will be donated to local charities.
- "Phoenix Circle" is a women's Bible study group that meets on the third Monday of each month September through May from 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
- Bridge and Pinochle meets on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm.
If that seems like a lot, don't worry! We try to keep the calendar page up-to-date with current events.
Youth are invited to attend their own Sunday school. We have an excellent youth ministry and try to provide youth every opportunity to become involved if they would like. We offer two youth groups - F.L.Y. for Jr. High and R.U.S.H. for Sr. High students. Both groups meet on Wednesdays at 6:00 pm and encourage spiritual growth through fellowship, mission, and fun. More information can be found on the youth page.
Younger children are invited to take part in Celebration Chapel and Faith Forest. Celebration Chapel is a children's program that runs concurrently with the week's sermon. If your child grows tired of the adult lecture, they are welcome to attend this kid focused message after the Children's Message part of the service. Faith Forest is our children's Sunday school. It runs concurrently with the adult and youth Sunday school classes and is offered between services during the school year and before service during the summer.
- Worship Band Rehearsal, Mondays, 6:00 pm
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal, Wednesdays, 7:00 pm
Each Sunday our hymns are matched to the lectionary and we often enjoy special offerings of music. Our summer service focuses on traditional hymns but brings in a wider variety of music for accents.
The choir meets once a week and performs at the 10:45 am traditional service September through May. More information about music at First Presbyterian Church can be found here.